Sunday, February 18, 2007

Flashback: Thirty-four years


Today's quote from my daily desk calendar:

"Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown. In my heart it don't mean a thing."


Today is my 34th birthday. It's been a good one. Madeline gifted me with a Carolina hat that I bought a couple of years ago. She did a great job wrapping it. She also gave me piece of paper with her name written very neatly on it. She's so thoughtful. Mrs. Grimes prepared a wonderful lunch after church. We had delicious red velvet cake and I was showered with more gifts. I'm so grateful for all the gifts in my life....... especially my husband who is working as I type to provide for his family. And for our precious little girls.....one who's begging to watch Full House and the other one who is sobbing and fighting sleep in her Dora bed. Here's to many more years treasuring my most precious gifts...

1 comment:

lera said...

Happy belated birthday.