Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our Camping Trip

Last weekend we went camping in the NC mountains. We stayed at Bear Den Campground. The Flynns went with us and we had a great time. The weather was great and we packed a lot of fun into a couple of days.
Here are all the girls after breakfast one morning. This was Margo's first camping trip and she did great! I was a little worried about how she would do not being in her crib, but she did just fine in the pop up..........slept all night, both nights.

We went to the Orchard at Altapass. The girls got to pick their own apples.


We then went gem mining at Gem Mountain.


We also went to see the Linville Falls.

A picture of us with Margo in front of the pop up. She was a good camper!


We couldn't believe the price of gas was under $3 a gallon. I had to take a picture.

The Grimes and The Flynns posing on the Blue Ridge Parkway.


Madeline knows how to camp like a diva. I knew she had brought her pocketbook, but didn't know about the high heels until I saw her walking around our campsite in them. When I asked her why she brought those shoes, she answered, "Because I like them". Good enough.

David and Lydia at the Upper Linville Falls. It was a great trip. To see more pics from our trip, click here.

1 comment:

Edna said...

It was such an amazing family trip…. I too had enjoyed one last month through Southwest Airlines.