Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Precious Memories

With every picture we take, we have so many memories from that particular day, time, event,etc. This picture was taken on Mother's Day---my first as a mother of three! This Mother's Day was different, too. It was the first Mother's Day that David and I were without a grandparent. Our last living grandparents (my Granny and his Grandma) passed away just two weeks apart.....mine on April 25 and his on May 9th. They both lived very long, wonderful lives and helped mold who we are. We will miss them dearly, but know they are on to bigger and better things in Heaven!!
Yesterday, we were in Forest City for "Great-Grandma's" (what the girls called her) memorial service. David drove by her old house and by this roadside sign, in memory of his Grandpa Thomas. Another memory made.

With my Granny at my college graduation--May 1995


Grandma Thomas holding her first great-grandchild, Madeline. Doesn't she look so proud??



Granny Lucy and Lydia, 2004




With Margo. Her health had declined so much when this picture was taken. Margo was her ninth great-grandchild.


This was taken in January of this year. It was the last time we saw Grandma. I even have a sweet video of her holding Margo during this visit.


Me with my Granny in church . I have so many great memories of my Granny.......homemade biscuits, chicken and pastry, giving her home perms, spending the night every weekend as a little girl, Wheel of Fortune, her blue Christmas window lights.........the list goes on and on.



Here we are with Grandma BC (before children)! I always remember her being so gracious and welcoming when we would visit. One of my fondest memories of spending time with Grandma was on March 5, 1996. That's the day that David proposed to me at Wiseman's View at the Linville Gorge. She was one of the first people we told. She was so happy for us.

We will treasure our precious memories with Granny and Grandma, and all of our grandparents that preceded them in death.

3 comments:

creative gal said...

What a beautiful tribute to your grandmother!!

Aunt Nancy said...

Gina, Thanks so much for the pictures of your Granny and Great-Grandma. It was a wonderful tribute to some very dear women! In spite of the sadness, my greatest feeling over the weekend was delight that we as a family were together so much. I love you and David and your girls!!! Aunt Nancy

Team Harris said...

What wonderful memories!!! and what a beautiful family you have. Happy 'belated' Mother's Day! Hugs!