Monday, August 10, 2009

The Day She's Been Waiting For

Today is Lydia's first day of Kindergarten. Or as she says, "Kenda-god-un". She's been waiting for this day for a very long time. I think she was ready two years ago when Madeline started.

It's official. She's a big girl with her Tinkerbell backpack and Scooby-Doo lunchbox.



Another one of my babies going to school. Time flies.


She wanted me to take her picture in front of the school sign.



Walking down the hall.




With her teacher, Mrs. Embler. At orientation last week, Mrs. Embler said (to me), "Tell me about Lydia". I could tell her lots and lots about Lydia, but I think she'll find out pretty quickly what a whipper snapper she has on her hands!
I hope it will be a great year for Lydia.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

I can't wait to get her report this afternoon! (What I would really like I Jane Embler's report.) Time really is flying--don't want my grandbabies to grow up.

Leslie said...

She looks like such a big girl with her backpack & lunchbox. She was very excited about school when we saw her yesterday! I can't wait to hear how it went.

Team Harris said...

Ohhhhh...she's got Mrs. Embler. You'll love Mrs. Embler. Shoot...I cried when McKenna was out of Kg. She was the best. Lydia will have a great year!!!