Monday, January 18, 2010

A Day in the Life of Margo

I've been wanting to do some posts on the things that Margo is doing now. It's hard to believe she is already 18 months old. I was looking through all the pictures and thought I would just do a post with a glimpse into her world, and what keeps her busy on an average day. She is definitely a full-fledged toddler and has no problem asserting her independence and getting what she wants.....even if that means pushing around a kitchen chair to climb up in and reach whatever it is she wants. I think this picture with the cookies all over the floor pretty much sums up what I spend a lot of time doing.........cleaning up all that she is "exploring". Kramer is usually right there to assist in operation cleanup.


I meant to post this picture in the previous post. This was taken right around Christmas. Margo loves to sit on his back and say " ge-up, ge-up". He doesn't seem to mind.



She is a climber! It's not uncommon for me to find her on top of the kitchen table, coffee table, or climbing up on the stove. Rest assured the stove was NOT on when this picture was taken. I personally think she's looking for cupcakes or doughnuts, because when we have them, they're usually sitting on top of the stove.


She thinks she's too big for a high chair now. In fact, it's been like this for a few months. I guess she wants to sit in a big chair like her sisters. She is getting better each day with feeding herself. I think more is actually going in now and not ending up on the floor. She still makes a nice mess! Here she is eating her waffles.


Playing at Mothers' Morning Out. She goes two mornings a week and is doing really well. And I get a little break :-)


She loves to help me around the house. Here she is checking out my sewing machine.


Helping with laundry. Lord knows, I need all the help I can get with laundry. It never ends.


She loves her babies! She has really taken an interest in them lately and loves to hold and feed them. This particular day she fell asleep in my arms while loving on her baby. So sweet.



Yay for Chuck E. Cheese's! Now that she's a big girl, she can enjoy the rides and games, too.


She loves riding the cars at the mall.


And she loves to cook. She got a kitchen for Christmas and has been cooking all sorts of interesting meals. Here she is at Marbles Kids Museum on New Year's Day.


We stopped by Krispy Kreme for some "do-duts". They were so yummy because the HOT NOW sign was on!

Here she is showing us how to pray, or as she says "pay". She is so good about reminding us to "pay" when we sit down to eat. She claps when we're done. I love it.


Sunday after church. She was saying "cheese" when I took this picture.



Playing at the splash park at the SRAC. She loves it!



This is what happens when you're a busy toddler. Mr. Sandman got her :-)
She is a sweetheart and I love this age. She's learning so much everyday and her vocabulary is exploding. I love hearing her talk. I love that she calls Madeline Sissy and Lydia LaLa. She knows that Daddy is at "wuk" and says "lo" when she puts the phone to her ear. These are just a few of the things that she's doing and saying. She loves her belly button, books, Barney, Dora, and "chet-chup" (ketchup). She thinks she's just as big as her sisters and enjoys playing with their barbies and doing arts and crafts. And believe it or not, she can throw a mean tantrum.
So there you have it.....a day in the life of Margo. Now if I can just put all this in her baby book :-)
Enjoy the video of Margo singing!






3 comments:

Grandma said...

Oh, what a sweet girl! She is really coming into her own--for better or worse. I love the pictures and the singing.

Leslie said...

She's a busy girl! I LOVE the picture of her sleeping on the couch. Too cute!

Catherine said...

She is busy, I can relate :)