Thursday, March 03, 2011

Her side of the story......

Here's a typical evening with Lydia prior to bedtime. "I don't feel so good. My tummy hurts."
Here's a typical morning with Lydia, trying to wake her from a deep, deep sleep. "I don't feel so good. My tummy hurts." We've heard this line so many times that it usually just falls on deaf ears. She's usually just stalling bedtime or being a sleepy head.

On Monday I got a call from her teacher who said that Lydia said her tummy was hurting. Go figure. They had checked her temperature and that was normal. The teacher did say that Lydia's cheeks were flushed. When I asked the teacher if Lydia seemed 'sick' or not, she replied that Lydia was one of her complainers, so it was sort of hard to tell. I talked on the phone with Lydia and asked her the routine list of questions....had she tried using the bathroom, etc, etc, etc. I told Lydia that if I came to pick her up, she was not going to play outside or watch TV. She would have to lie down and rest her hurting tummy. She wanted me to come get her. So I did.

There may have been a little rumble in her tummy, but I didn't need to pick her up from school. She was fine! That was evident after being home less than 20 minutes. So I taught her about the three Bs'. I think she got it. Listen to her explain what went down at school that day and what she learned from this ordeal.









4 comments:

Grandma said...

Oh, I love that Lydie-bug! But I think I am glad I am her grandmother--not her mother . . .

Catherine said...

Did her tummy hurt again at bedtime??

Team Harris said...

Again I say...the best mother in the world award goes to....

The Three of Us said...

I LOVE it! Great Job! I'm so glad I can learn from you!