Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lake Junaluska

Last week I chaperoned a trip to Lake Junaluska. Seven children from our church's Children's Choir went on this trip (Madeline & Lydia included). We went for Music and Worship Arts Week. It was our first time going and we had a great time. Margo stayed at home and was cared for by her Daddy, Grandma, Aunt Leslie, and Grammie & PaPa :)


Here's our group before heading out on Father's Day, Sunday, June 19th. Sherry and Robert were chaperones too. The three of us took turns driving the church bus. It was nice to divide the driving responsibilities since it is a five hour drive to Lake Junaluska from Smithfield.


Here are our happy campers :)


We stayed at Lambuth Inn. All of the girls stayed in one very large room and we had an awesome view of the mountains and lake!


It is so beautiful at Lake Junaluska. We loved the cooler temperatures too.



This was a really good group of kids.



Each day the children had rehearsals and rotations. At the end of the week (on Thursday) they had their performance. Here are some of the older girls dancing.


Lydia and Ava with their wonderful teacher and choir director, Mrs. Terrie. They were in the younger elementary choir and they sang so beautifully.



Sunset at the cross. It was a great week and we hope to go back next year and for many years to come. Everyone was tired and ready to get home. I was ready to see Margo! When we got home, she just smiled at us and loved her prizes we had brought her. David had left to go on a guys road trip to Pittsburgh for a baseball game and he left a little gift for me on the kitchen counter.....



Tickets to see Keith Urban that Saturday night! He had already arranged babysitting and my date for the evening (our good friend Kelly)!


Not only was I surprised by the tickets, but they were on the FLOOR and the 11th row from the stage. Kelly and I were so excited. We love Keith Urban and he always puts on such a good show. We usually go to his concerts whenever he comes to the area and this year I had just figured I wouldn't go since I was coming home from a week away and David would be gone. Kelly was in on this surprise for a while. I must say....it was indeed a nice surprise :-)


Today is somebody's last day of being TWO! Yep, our baby girl will be THREE tomorrow.



1 comment:

Grandma said...

I'm so happy your week turned out so well. Margo was a pleasure to keep, and I am proud to say--I don't think she missed you a whole lot (maybe a little!).