Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Life's A Beach.....

....well, at least it was for us last week! We spent the week at Pine Knoll Shores and had a very nice relaxing family vacation. No schedules, no work, no school. Our biggest decisions were beach or pool and where to eat!


We had lots of ice cream treats! Here are the girls on the Beaufort waterfront enjoying some ice cream.


Lydia chillaxin' at the pool.



Madeline and Margo enjoying pool time too.



We loved going to our favorite restaurants at the beach. The girls enjoyed s'mores for dessert at Amos Mosquito's.



There was one day that was terribly hot and muggy. We tried to do lots of indoor activities that day, including visiting the Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium. That's always a big hit with the girls.



On Friday of last week we met up with our friends, the Westbrooks, and spent the day on a beach near Cape Lookout. It was a gorgeous day! After the beach, we motored over to the lighthouse. We just did miss the last tour for the day, but were still able to walk around and get some pictures.



David and his little ladies! We love Beaufort and went there a few times for dinner, ice cream, fudge and just to walk along the waterfront. David even got up early Saturday morning and ran a 10K in the Beaufort Road Race!



We got in lots of beach time! Margo LOVED the beach. This year David and I each were able to read a book while at the beach! That's an accomplishment (for me, at least!). The girls were very content to just build sand castles, dig in the sand and wade in the water. They pretty much entertained themselves!



Margo's silhouette as the sun was setting one evening. I took this picture on the observation deck near our condo.


Madeline coming up out of the sand after being buried. Madeline loved boogie boarding, but got a pretty bad abrasion from some sea shells first thing on our second day there. She was tough though and was back in the water after it had time to heal a bit!


We loved walking on the beach in the evenings! Margo was a wild child.....running all over the beach!


cheeeeese :)


Of course I had to do my yearly photos with the girls. I can't get over how much Lydia has grown! She is almost as tall as Madeline. It was very challenging (to say the least) trying to get good pictures with Margo all over the place. She did not want to sit still at all! One of the best pics I got is now the header for the blog.



This one came out blurry, but I still thought it was cute! It was a great week and it went by way too fast. I am going to try to upload more of our beach pics to flickr, so keep an eye out for those to pop up over on the sidebar!

As soon as we checked out of our condo, we met up with the Coats family for lunch and then took our girls to Camp Don Lee!


Here are Madeline and Mary Margaret heading to their cabin! (And no...this picture is not posed! They were so excited and were holding hands walking together).



And here's our happy camper! This child has been SO excited about going back to Camp Don Lee this summer and having Mary Margaret go with her!

Unfortunately, Madeline has had a little tummy ache last night and today and we've received a couple of phone calls. We're hoping its not a virus and will go away! I know how much she has looked forward to camp this year and would hate for her to have to leave early. But I don't want my baby to be miserable either. Please keep her (and her mama) in your prayers! I think I have jumped every time the phone has rung today!


2 comments:

Grandma said...

I love to see pictures of my beautiful babes having a good time!

Jane said...

Hi Gina,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Pine Knoll Shores to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane