Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Double Digits!

 Happy Birthday, Madeline!  She is 10 today!  Here she is just before heading to school this morning.

 First thing this morning:  opening a few cards and gifts to get the day started off to a good start.

And a birthday hug from baby sister :)

A fifty dollar bill!  She was super excited about this.  She is very money conscious and has saved quite a bit for her age.  This year she asked that we just give her money!  Definitely a sign that she's growing up.

This picture makes me laugh. Poor Lydia is still struggling with daylight savings time.  She was there in body for the early morning birthday celebration, but that was about it.  I'm sure she will be wide open tonight!

Birthday pancakes.  I bet she's wishing for more money.  Look how hard she's wishing.

Margo and I took the birthday girl some Mickey D's for lunch and some cookies to share with her class.  Her good friend, Reagan, sat with us at lunch.
I'm sure she'll be doing more of these today!  This child loves to do some cartwheeels!

She loves her Annie dog!  Each night she gives Annie lots of hugs and kisses before bed.

I love that they all still play together and that she is not too big to play with dolls (or at least not yet).
Grandpa posted on facebook about Madeline being a nurturer to her sisters and cousins.  That is so very true.  She is definitely a little mama :)

WOW! Where have the last 10 years gone?  Where is my 7lb, 15 oz baby girl?

There she is!  You know I couldn't do a birthday post without a baby picture.
Happy Birthday Madeline.  We love you!!!


3 comments:

Leslie said...

Seems like it was just yesterday that she was born! Happy Birthday Madeline!! (I LOVE the picture of Lydia at the table : ) )

grandma said...

I have loved being a grandma for the last ten years! I remember the night that precious thing was born; she has only gotten more precious with time.

Catherine said...

Hope Madeline had a happy birthday! We may try again this weekend to come see everyone and bring birthday presents.